The O.W.L. Foundation is not responsible for, nor endorses outside news gathering services.
- Bartavelle has cool new digs, but your favorite dish is (likely) still on the menu
The much-loved Berkeley cafe will reopen at 1621 San Pablo Ave. on June 14.
- Report: Boy airlifted after rattlesnake bites him at California state park
A 7-year-old boy was airlifted from Mount Diablo State Park to a local […]
- Hiking taxes on short-term rentals will harm regular Californians, not corporations
OPINION Gov. Gavin Newsom recently rejected the idea of a tax hike on […]
- New buildings could be less deadly for Berkeley birds
The city will require large housing projects and office buildings to […]
- Music Tonight: Thursday, June 8
I haven’t written much about Blondie’s lately, which is a shame: I […]
- Launching Nigilax̂
A traditional vessel of the Unangan people touches water for the first […]
- No car, no problem! 10 cities with great transit
When you are looking for somewhere to live, you often start with a job, a […]
- From rings to cards, here's how to make your wedding eco
The celebration of marriage is a fun and exciting time. As you plan to […]
- How Wildfire Smoke Can Travel Thousands of Miles, and How to Protect...
Columbia Climate School experts comment on the dangerous air pollution […]
- Earth911 Podcast: World Ocean Day Special — Ashlan & Philippe Cousteau...
Travel Channel hosts Ashlan and Philippe Cousteau join a special World […]
- Rescuing Product Returns Before They Reach the Landfill
Online shopping has become the way of the world. It is easy and […]
- A California bill could reveal corporate America’s climate secrets
The bill has rankled the oil and gas industry, agricultural groups, and […]
- Everything Is Connected — For Better or For Worse
Greenwire (subscription required) reported yesterday that more than 150 […]
- Colorado Oil And Gas Cases To Watch In 2023
While Boulder's climate change tort against ExxonMobil and Suncor Energy […]
- Church Calls Remand 'Futile' In Latest Cemetery Casino Suit
The Roman Catholic Church is arguing that it's moot if descendants of the […]
- Feds Claim SoCal Edison Owes $40M For 2017 Creek Fire
The government hit Southern California Edison Co. with a lawsuit Wednesday […]
- Fla. Apartment Owner Says Insurer Owes On $1.5M Ian Claim
An apartment complex alleged in a case that was removed to Florida federal […]
- Don’t Buy Another Gas Car! No Hybrids Either. It’s Got To Be Electric!
Your current car is getting a bit long in tooth and it’s time when you […]
- Updated US Hydrogen Strategy Is Better, But Still Mostly Good For The...
As a living document, the strategy is still deeply flawed, but less flawed […]
- Dynamic Line Rating — Pushing The Grid To Its Max In Denmark
It’s getting windy in the small country of Denmark. Or rather, massive […]
- US Army Suddenly Obsessed With Liquefied Gas Electrolytes For Portable...
The US Army is taking a keen interest in new liquefied gas electrolytes […]
- Volvo South Africa Opens Orders For The New Volvo EX30 Compact SUV
The Volvo EX30 was launched recently by Volvo and will be available in […]
- US Coal Electricity Declining from Growth of Renewables
... and from growth of fossil gas (aka "natural" gas).
- Skeptical Science New Research for Week #23 2023
Open access notables Back in April of 2020 Chi Xu et al. captivated some […]
- New York City Residents Will Soon Have to Compost Their Food Scraps
The City Council passed a bill on Thursday requiring New Yorkers to […]
- Book Review: ‘Fire Weather,’ by John Vaillant
In “Fire Weather,” the journalist John Vaillant makes the case that […]
- Canadian Wildfires, Smoke and Heat Herald Climate Extremes
Scientists have long warned that global warming will increase the chance […]
- Poor Air Quality Is Routine in Many Parts of the World
On Wednesday, New York City briefly had the worst air in the world, […]
- As Canadian Smoke Darkens the New York Sky, The Future is Clear
There’s nowhere to escape the harm from wildfires.