The O.W.L. Foundation is not responsible for, nor endorses outside news gathering services.
- Berkeley Wire
News about Berkeley from around the web.
- Rosalynn Carter: A lifetime voice for improving mental health care
Tributes to First Lady Rosalynn Carter invariably cite her lifelong […]
- Coyote stops traffic on I-280 in San Francisco for over an hour
A coyote stopped southbound traffic on I-280 near Mission Bay in SF […]
- SF police shoplifting crackdown leads to 17 arrests in one day at single store
SFPD said Thursday it arrested 17 adults on suspicion of shoplifting.
- A mystery dog illness hasn't been reported in the Bay Area. Here's what we know
Experts said a mystery respiratory dog illness hasn't been reported in the […]
- Curb your confusion: A list of traffic and road safety terms and definitions
Fixing dangerous roads involves lots of engineering and infrastructure […]
- Statement from EWG on EPA's updated lead and copper rule
Statement from EWG on EPA's updated lead and copper rule email@example.com […]
- Why the Success of COP28 Depends on Climate Finance
Experts say we have the tools to solve the climate crisis. Why aren't we […]
- Climate School Announces Two New Appointments
Meet Melissa Lott and Catherine McKenna, two new members of the Columbia […]
- Gift Guide: Inspiring Books About Climate Change
When you imagine the winter holidays, you might think of gathering with […]
- Sustainable Holidays: Gifts for the Women in Your Life
The holiday season is a time of joy, celebration, and an opportunity to […]
- ‘Phaseout’ or ‘phasedown’? Why UN climate negotiators obsess over...
Expect heated debates over single words — and even commas — at COP28.
- GOP Slams Validator Choice In Pending GHG Disclosure Rule
Republican lawmakers on Thursday slammed the Biden administration for […]
- FERC Says Utilities Can't Justify Grid Upgrade Reward Wishes
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission says it properly rejected a […]
- Alaska, Willow Backers Fight 'Drastic' Bid To Halt Oil Project
Alaska and other backers of the Willow oil project are urging a federal […]
- Property Owner Says Insurer Mishandled Windstorm Claims
An Ohio property owner told an Ohio federal court that his insurer […]
- EPA Proposes Removing All Lead Pipes In Next Decade
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency released a proposal Thursday […]
- UAW Go Big Strategy Focuses On Non-Union Automakers, Including Tesla
The United Auto Workers just polled off one of the most successful strikes […]
- NYSERDA Opens Expedited Renewable Solicitations for Large-Scale Projects
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) […]
- Electric Mobility Projects In Kenya Start to Show Real Potential For...
A lot of projects go ahead on the basis of some positive business cases, […]
- What Drives This Madness On Small Modular Nuclear Reactors?
A few months ago, a STEM and economics literate global decarbonization […]
- Setting the Record Straight on the ICCT’s Trucking Cost Analysis
Editor’s note: In the interest of open debate, we are publishing the […]
- Volvo FH Electric Is First EV To Win Truck Of The Year
In a historic, first-ever win for an electric vehicle, the Volvo FH […]
- Skeptical Science New Research for Week #47 2023
Open access notables From this week's government/NGO section, longitudinal […]
- Friday Briefing: A New Climate Fund Approved
Plus the best albums of 2023.
- COP28 Climate Summit Approves a New Fund to Help Poorer Countries
The package, which developing countries had sought for more than three […]
- Emirati Fund to Invest Billions in U.S. Firms for Climate Projects
An Abu Dhabi fund is expected to invest at least $30 billion in climate […]
- This Year Is ‘Virtually Certain’ to Be Hottest in Human History,...
Scientists confirmed another year of extreme temperatures as world leaders […]
- Inside Our Reporting
Airline carriers want to replace jet fuel with ethanol to fight global […]